British Chinese Online Discussion Board

Welcome to the British Chinese Online forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By registering you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

There are details of meets and events in the UK and HK in the Meeting Point Forum and our London meets have a Facebook group.

Go Back   British Chinese Online Discussion Board > The Lounge > Chit Chat
Register Members List Today's Posts Chat Room Facebook FAQ

Chit Chat Conversational and off topic.

Old 5th October 2005, 10:53 AM   #1
jleung1314

what happened to cardiff china town?

on a recent trip to cardiff i noticed the shops nam shun and on tak travel were closed down, boarded up with metal, ive no idea what happend, i thought all was well.
it looks kinda roughed up now, and theres no fresh cakes in china town anymore? does anyone in cardiff know why? i heard coz they were robbed or another one they owed tax money, so much gossiping dont know whas true
Old 5th October 2005, 10:56 AM   #2
kittymui

Re: what happened to cardiff china town?

There's no chinatown in Cardiff.
Old 5th October 2005, 12:39 PM   #3
sau_jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymui
There's no chinatown in Cardiff.
No "official" Chinatown in Cardiff like the ones in London, Manchester, Liverpool etc etc but the street next ot the Millenium stadium the guy's talking about

(x_xo) o--(^_^q)~~
Old 5th October 2005, 02:02 PM   #4
jleung1314

ahem!! china street i mean!!!! hahaha
Old 5th October 2005, 02:17 PM   #5
peach_blossom
i <3 jacky

Lol.... i was surprised to see this.... I know why (through the rumour mill) PM me and I'll tell you all the gory details, hahaaaaa....

but Man Fung has moved to the street down underneath the Brains bridge.

And they are going to get rid of China Supermarket and Dong Fong because they are building an apartment complex there cos it's on the riverside (dunno what is happening to the riverside restaurant though.... but most people go to Happy Gathering anyway cos it's easier to park.

Apparently, all the shops are ggoing to move to where Man Fung is at the moment cos Cardiff County Council want to relocate China Town to somewhere a bit nearer to the cash and carries cos Sundays are the busiest days for them. And anyway, everyone more or less prefers to go to BA because you can have chinese breakfast and then go shopping downstairs for all the stuff for the shop and household items are cheaper..